When Chaplin Met Gandhi School Resource Pack
The play When Gandhi Met Chaplin by Jim Kenworth has been performed in Kingsley Hall and other venues in East London. The participants were both professional actors and young people from schools in the East End. Now an Education Resource Pack inspired by the meeting of the two famous figures has been produced by the Royal Docks Trust, with some help from the Gandhi Foundation.
The Pack consists of material to be used in six Workshops and has already been successfully used in some London schools.
The six workshops are:
1. An Introduction to the characters
2. The East End in 1931
3. Gandhi’s Philosophy of Nonviolence
4. Chaplin and Gandhi meet and debate – Materialism Vs Spirituality
5. Territory/ Post Code wars, gangs
6. Hopes and Dreams of the Future for East London
You can explore more details about the Educational Resource pack here: When Chaplin Met Gandhi Resource Pack